Only in Lynn

Monday, January 16, 2006

1948-1986


My time in Lynn covered from 1948-1986 when I moved to New Hampshire with my family. I'll talk about life in a large Irish Catholic family. I'll talk about the history of a very specific place and time. Lynn and Boston, but also; California, Ireland and Viet Nam.
My whole family attended St. Marys so we'll talk about the Catholic education experience in the 30's, 50's and 60's. No talk of Lynn is complete without the GE. The police and fire will be mentioned as my dad was a firefighter.
But there is a whole underworld to be explored. I'll write about the things I know. The heroin explosion in Lynn in the late 60's. The Hell's Angels and the Lynn Vice Squad; Cronin's and the Tap, various and sundry drunks and other local legends. A downtown perspective, laid out before you, like a Johnny Joyce's chopped ham and onion . This is the best I can remember.
Most of the Black/white photos are from the Lynn Public Library digital collection.

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for commenting, you are my First! Keep coming back, it can only get better.

    By Blogger pvt pyle, at 6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home